sCHECK OUT THE 606/ BLOOMINGDALE TRAIL
This 2.7 mile park and trail system runs along Bloomingdale Ave (1800 N), from Ridgeway Ave (3750 W) on the west to Ashland Ave (1600 W) on the east through the neighborhoods of Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square, Humboldt Park. The trail is peppered with artwork by locals. You can bike the trail or partake in the many arts activities throughout the month of September.
BON APPÉTIT PRESENTS CHICAGO GOURMET: A CELEBRATION OF FOOD AND WINE
Saturday, September 26: 12-6pm; Sunday, September 27: 12-5pm
200 of the city’s top chefs and celebrity headliners including April Bloomfield (The Spotted Pig, The Breslin); Rick Bayless (Frontera Grill, Topolobampo, XOCO); Jose Garces (Mercat a la Planxa, Rural Society); Emeril Lagasse; Lorena Garcia (Top Chef All-Stars, America’s Next Great Restaurant, The Biggest Loser, Cocina) will be on hand for demos and tastings along with Adam Rapoport and Andrew Knowlton of Bon Appétit magazine. The event Chicago kicks off on Friday, September 25th with the Hamburger Hop- 15 top Chicago chefs will compete in a hamburger cook off. Guests and celebrity judges (Lin Brehmer, Mike Gebert, Spike Mendelsohn) determine the winners.
Main Event: $170/day or $275 for the weekend
EXPO CHICAGO: (International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art)
Sept 17-20, 2015.
Expo Chicago is a celeb studded event ( George Lucas, David Schwimmer, Billy Corgan, Billy Zane, Kristie Hefner) featuring artwork from 140 leading galleries, representing 16 countries and 47 cities and EXPOSURE—a section with younger, up and coming artists. As an offshoot of the event, there will be unique programming and special events offered by the city’s top cultural institutions. Ticket; $30 Three Day Ticket; $15
ART WEEK Event Highlights
- Art Institute of Chicago | Making Place: The Architecture of David Adjaye and Charles Ray: Sculpture, 1997–2014,
- Chicago Artists Coalition | The Annual: An Exhibition of new Chicago art
- Hyde Park Art Center | Creatures from the Concrete; Front & Center: 2015 Center Program Final Exhibition; and Warm Kitty, Soft Kitty
- Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art at Northwestern University | Geof Oppenheimer: Big Boss and the Ecstasy of Pressures. Special exhibition preview with the artist and The Ellen Philips Katz Director/Exhibition Curator Lisa Corrin September 19, 10 am – 12 pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) Chicago | Chicago Works: Ania Jaworska; The Freedom Principle: Experiments in Art and Music, 1965 to Now; and Israeli artist Keren Cytter, including MCA Live: Show Real Drama as performed by the artist on Friday, September 18 at 7:30 pm
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College Chicago | North Korean Perspectives
- The Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago | Irena Haiduk: DESTRUCTIVE EXACTING REALISM; and the 100th Birthday Bash.
- Riccardo Muti with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra | Free concert in Millennium Park
- World Music Festival | The largest U.S. world music festival celebrates its 17th year.
BEHIND THE SCENES ENCOUNTER AT THE SHEDD AQUARIUM
Shark Feeding Tour: Behind the Scenes in Wild Reef
A 60 minute guided exploration with aquarists in the Shedd’s 400,000-gallon shark habitat along with a “feed experience. You’ll see what’s on the menu for sharks and rays, and witness how each species has been trained to come to its own visual and audible “dinner bell” — enabling aquarists to give every animal an individually balanced diet.
$89.95 for guests age 12 and older, $80.95 for guests ages 10-11. $54.00 for members.
CHICAGO WOMEN’S EXPO
September 12-13 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Keynote celebrity delivers motivational messages to women on “Living Your Best Life.”
- Nancy Grace, CNN and Headline News’ “Nancy Grace”
- Judge Marilyn Milian, “The People’s Court”
- NeNe Leakes, “Real Housewives of Atlanta”
- Melissa Gilbert, Actress and New York Times Bestselling Author
- Jasmine Guy, Actress, Producer and Author
On site activities include:
- Beautify: Complimentary haircuts, makeovers, manicures, facials
- Workshops: Jewelry Making, Cake Decorating, Sewing, Candle Making, Gardening, Martha Stewart Home Décor and more.
- Cooking: easy recipes for every day
- Discount Shopping: Over 400 boutiques
- Finance /Career Workshops Experts in finance, healthcare, career development, personal growth, style, beauty and home design and décor will educate and inspire.
Also occurs in: Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Atlanta, Orange County, San Antonio
The event is free with a ticket from local Jewel-Osco stores and Starbucks, or online at www.chicagowomensexpo.com/jewelosco OR $5 online advance purchase, $10 at door of expo.
Watch my segment on Fox here!