One of the many perks of my job is to be on the receiving end of countless beauty products. Many beautify. Many hydrate. But many are forgettable. This month I was on a quest for magical potions with the power to transform. Drab to fab. Dry to dewy. Exhausted to exhilarated. Here’s what I found:
1. Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips$14.50, The lanolin base soothes chapped lips like no other product. I use it as a base under lipstick.
2. Chantecaille Sunscreen + Primer $89, I love a “two-fer.” This super smooth products fill softens lines and offers a dewy luminescence while protecting the skin.
3. Mally Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner $15, Glides on and can be used over, under or in the waterline of the eye.
4. Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream $42, Like a BB cream on steroids–this supplies coverage, SPF and a lit-from-within radiance.
5. Josie Maran Argan Oil $48, My winter savior. I use it under lotion and over makeup. It is especially fabulous for under the eyes.
6. Oribe Gold Lust Hair Oil $48, Transforms my wild mane into hair not dissimilar to that of the bouncy haired Breck girl.Can be used when hair is wet or dry.
7. Vaniply Skin Ointment $6.99, The new vaseline without the icky petroleum. Use it for severe dryness all over the body.
8. Lancome Effacernes Undereye Concealer $30.50, Can make bags and tell tale signs of extreme exhaustion disappear.
9. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Color $57.50, This is celebs secret red carpet weapon. Dust on cheeks, forehead and decollete for a sun-kissed look.