19 Sep Hey Shorties!
PSSST! WANT TO LOOK TALLER?
Though they are petite, celebs like Sarah Jessica Parker, Madonna, Victoria Beckham and the Olsen sisters always look larger than life. Their tricks? They scale everything down–prints, pockets, etc.–so they are not overpowered. Some tips: when wearing volume, always wear it on top and keep bottoms streamlined and skinny. Lengthen your body with lower cut shirts, long, lean cardigans, knee-length skirts and dresses, vertical stripes and lean trousers. On the accessories front, longer necklaces, drapey scarves and neck grazing earrings will always elongate the silhouette.
GAME CHANGER: Fit is your friend. Baggy clothing and overpowering details are poisonous to the pint-sized. Tailored clothing is your gateway to chic. Strategic accessorizing can make 5’1” look like Giselle!
FIVE MINUTE FIXES
- Long, lean cardigans make you look taller.
- Avoid baggy clothing.
- Lower cut shirts give the illusion of a long neck–V-necks are ideal.
- Keep skirts above the knee.
- Keep it skinny on the bottom, pants should be tapered.
- Scarves, long earrings and longer necklace will make you look taller.
- Shorter necklaces break up the body and can make you feel even shorter.
- Keep all detailing (buttons, stripes) vertical to make you look taller.
- Flats are ok if you wear a short dress or a cropped pant for summer. Avoid them like the plague during the winter.