Summertime is all about BBQs, picnics, and- if you are lucky-an invitation to a house by the shore. Style expert ATK is here to show us how to say thank you with fabulous hostess gifts that are sure to get you invited back next year. The best part? They are all under $50.
1. GREEN MARKET GOODIES: jams from and fresh peonies from your local Green City Market.
2. ARTISINAL OILS & VINEGAR
3. FOR THE FRANCOPHILE: Marseilles Soap collection and candles
4. VINO-RIFIC: Prosecco and instant cooler sleeve-
5. FOOTWEAR BABULOSITY: Get your hosts size and dazzle them with Custom flip flops by Brazilian brand Havaianas (Starting at $20)
6. TASTE OF EUROPE: they may not be headed to the Olympics in London or Provence, but proffer a DIY basket of candy and chips from Europe in Rattan (re-usable) tray from WORLD MARKET /Cost Plus.
7. WRITE-ON!: PHOTO NOTEPADS. WOW your guests with groovy tear sheet notepads bearing their likeness.
8. COOL COOKBOOKS from BETTER WORLD COOKBOOKS where a percentage funds literacy worldwide
9. GASTRO-GAG KNOCK KNOCK’s hilarious foodie flashcards make fun of the ever more complex foodie terminology.
10. SO SWEET: CUSTOMIZED CHOCOLATE BARS
Design-and name- a special bar for your host formulated with his/her favorite ingredients. Pick the flavor chocolate (dark, milk, white) and flavor it with a variety of fruits, nuts and candy. You can buy as many bars as you wish.
11 POWER BASICS: colorful kitchen essentials by SANDRA by SANDRA LEE for KMART
12 Damask Ex Libris Personalized Library Labels Stickers, $7
Personalize your family library with these customized stickers that go on inside of each book.
13. HEMERGENCY KIT by Ms. & Mrs. This sleek, black mesh dopp bag contains 22 emergency essentials for busy guys. From clothing stains to static cling, the Hemergency Survival Kit takes the guesswork out of men’s personal care. Smaller than a football, this ultra-compact collection can go anywhere he does–from home to the office and everywhere in between.